The inspection and quarantine institutions at the places of customs declaration shall be responsible for accepting the inspection and quarantine report of available imported waste materials.
1. The Scope of the Report
The imported waste shall be administered in two categories: first, waste that is forbidden to be imported by the State; and second, waste that can be used as a raw material but the import of which shall be under strict control. As to waste forbidden to be imported, no entity and individuals may be allowed to engage in the import or other business activities involving such waste. For waste that can be used as a raw material but the import of which shall be under strict control, the State has enacted theCatalogue of Wastes That Can Be Used As Raw Materials Restricted from Import (see Attachment 6) and the Catalogue of Waste Used as Raw Materials under Automatic-Licensing Import Category (see Attachment 7). Wastes listed in the above-mentioned catalogues shall be subject to exclusive examination and approval by the Ministry of Environmental Protection of the People’s Republic of China, and inspected and quarantined by the inspection and quarantine institutions.
2. Accompanying Documents
When the report of wastes listed in the Catalogue of Wastes That Can Be Used As Raw Materials Restricted from Import (hereinafter referred to as the Catalogue) and the Catalogue of Waste Used as Raw Materials under Automatic-Licensing Import Categoryis being accepted, following documents shall be checked:
1) The agreement of foreign trade; invoices; the bill of lading; and the packing list;
2) The original of the Wastes Importation Approval Certificate issued by the Ministry of Environmental Protection of the People’s Republic of China, and a photocopy of the certificate shall be kept;
3) The original of certificate for pre-shipment inspection issued by an inspection and quarantine institution and approved by AQSIQ;
4) For quarantine objects from the United States, Japan, Korea, or the EU, certificates or announcements of packing shall be submitted in accordance with relevant provisions;
5) A report on the risks of waste utilization, if required; and
6) According to AQSIQ Doc# (2004) 1050, a overseas supplier enterprise for imported waste shall obtain the approval for registration before the importation. When the report is under acceptance, the applicant shall also provide the registration number of foreign supplier. The inspection and quarantine institution, then, shall check the registration number, name of the enterprise, and the H.S code for declaration to ensure whether they are within the categories of products approved to be registered. In addition, License of Registration for Overseas Supplier Enterprise of Imported Scrap Materials shall be submitted, if required.
3. When accepting the report of imported waste, the inspection and quarantine institution shall check whether the reported code and the name of product consist with the code and name of imported waste in the Certificate of Approval for the Import of Wastes (hereinafter referred to as the Certificate) issued by the Ministry of Environmental Protection; whether the actual quantity and weight of the imported waste are within the range of quantity and weight defined by the Certificate; whether the importing entity are in accordance with that in the Certificate; whether the importing port consists with that described in the Certificate; and whether it is in the period of validity defined by the Certificate. The inspection and quarantine institution shall not accept the report unless the applicant has passed all the examinations.
4. The report for inspection on waste that is forbidden to be imported by the State or imported waste without an available consignee (To Order) shall not be accepted.
5. After being reported, imported wastes shall go through the inspection and quarantine for environmental protection and sanitary disposal. The commodity inspection bill of imported goods shall be issued to those who are qualified.
6. The List of Pre-shipment Inspection Institutions for the Import of Waste Materials Authorized by AQSIQ (20 all together)